Friday, July 17, 2009

Lands where the Bulls go Wild

I just happened to be at the right place at the right time but at an unfortunate hour (office rush), few seconds I was there; I was a spectator to a most amazing event.



I was caught on a flyover, here in Bhubaneswar in what seemed to be a traffic jam. Since a biker never stops, I managed to squeeze closer to the traffic stopper which to my delight / surprise were two huge, I mean real huge Bulls who were drawn in a fierce battle and were surely after blood (can't say who would shed blood for the humans seemed to be insignificant wretched little things caught in the battle of the Titans.



And even the giant trucks that were, were stopped by these mammals locked in some hard talk. They swayed, they snorted, scared two scooterists to quit their vehicles and as I was excited & scared in the same moment of confrontation, I made a silly move to squeeze past the small gap that was momentarily made and what madness, the bulls were heading towards me and my bike (a Pulsar) that seemed so puny amongst them giants. The tail of one almost touch my bike and I had frozen by then and my adrenalin pumped blood, what a rush; I was fortunate since the bull the back of which kissed my bike gained dominance for a second enough to push its brutal foe away from me for a moment big enough to turn my bike and hide behind a neighbouring car (Wagon R).



This had done it and I decided to take my chances and quit the flyover that was a witness to the clash of the Titans.



As I parked my bike close to my workplace, I still shivered, was overjoyed too for having been there. A moment to cherish, a moment so big and unforgettable that I had to write about, and here I am writing as witnessed just half an hour back.



...I desired to be amongst the mountains, in the wild, beside the rivers & streams and when I couldn't, the Nature came calling right into the city.

No comments: